Roger Patterson Bigfoot Film 1967 On October 20, 1967, Roger Patterson and Robert Gimlin allegedly filmed this 'bigfoot' in Bluff Creek, CA. This is frame #352 which gives the best view of the creature. Some say this film is ironclad proof that bigfoot is real. Others say it's proof that it's a hoax. Prior to 1958, few people had ever heard of the large creature that supposedly inhabits the remote wilderness of the Pacific northwest. People who claim they've encountered bigfoot describe the creature as anywhere from six to 10 feet tall, weighing about 500 pounds, and having an unpleasant odor. The scientific community almost universally believes bigfoot exists only in folklore. This view is unlikely to change until a live bogfoot or a corpse is found and thoroughly examined.
Tags: bigfoot  film  Patterson
Added: 2nd November 2009
Views: 2026
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-11-03
One would think that an enormous, smelly, 500-pound creature wouldn't be too hard to find.
Posted by: Classico on 2009-11-03
... or that the footprints and other DNA would be readily available.

Years later another documentary was made and the identity of the alleged impersonator of BF in that pic was revealed.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-11-03
Yep. I've always found it odd that humanity has the science to examine microorganisms and to split atoms--but we can't seem to find bigfoot.

I'm far more likely to accept the existence of the Loch Ness Monster. Every decade or so a fisherman hauls in an aquatic specimen that had supposedly been extinct for thousands of years. Nessie might be one of those creatures.
Posted by: Steve on 2009-11-03
The guy that donned the monkey suit admitted on his death bed it was a hoax; that was just a few years ago. He waited because many would hate him for revealing this and wasting their time investigating and/or hoping of the existence of Big Foot. I know if I spent anytime or expense on it I would be mad!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-11-03
If you look at the face, there seems to be a cut-out section around the eyes indicating it's a man in a costume. Still there wil always be believers, I suppose...
Posted by: Mrmusic on 2010-10-04
I thought the man who created BF confessed that it was a fake just before he died.
Posted by: Pfc on 2010-10-04
I read the same thing MrMusic, but I'm guessing the conspiracy people haven't or chose not to.