Shaving Cream Song I remember this song being re-released in the 70s when I was in Jr. High School.
Tags: Shaving  Cream  Song  Bennie  Hill  shaving    cream    dr.    demento    music    song    parody    video
Added: 20th October 2009
Posted By: pfc
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-10-20
Somewhere I have the 45-rpm of this.

I think it was re-released in 1974. It got quite of bit of airplay on Canadian radio stations until it was banned by the CRTC (the Canadian equivalent of the FCC).
Posted by: EONSFTFAN on 2009-10-20
cute song. re-released in early 1975 and debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 March 08, 1975 at #95. It was issued as Vanguard single 35133. The song spent 11 weeks on the chart peaking at #30 the week ending April 26 1975. It's final chart position was #75 the week of May 17 1975

The vocalist is Phil Wynn
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2009-10-20
Wow I havent heard that one in years. Great find! Oh those 70's
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2009-10-20
Must admit that I haven't heard this before. Interesting piece. Perhaps this didn't reach the rock that I live under.
Posted by: EONSFTFAN on 2009-10-21
The first time I ever heard it was on XM Satellite radio when they did they epic 'IT' marathon where they played each and every song that charted between #50(somewhere around in there) and below. I recorded the entire 1970's playback which spanned 24 8 hour VHS tapes and a whopping 120 CD's when I finally burned it all to disc.

In my other post I forgot to mention that it is credited to Benny Bell and I do believe is actually from 1937.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-10-21
Yes, Benny Bell is listed as the singer on my copy of this song.
Posted by: EONSFTFAN on 2009-10-22
According to Billboard Magazine for the last few weeks that song was on the charts, Phil Wynn is listed as vocalist.

The early listings from debut into its peak list Benny Bell but no vocalist.

All of the Vanguard pressings listed on ebay(2 variations of the label and a DJ copy)list only Benny Bell. The reissue on ERIC records does indeed list Phil Wynn as vocalist. No harm intended just getting us all on the same page.

Posted by: TheSaint on 2009-10-22
Great job of editing - I noticed Britney Spears even made it on this clip
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-10-22
That is one ugly old woman at 1:30!
Posted by: Rickfmdj on 2009-10-23
now this brought back some funny memories, thanks PFC!