Jimmy Carter on Whats My Line In 1974, when Jimmy Carter was governor of Georgia, he appeared as a contestant on the syndicated version of What's My Line. He was so anonymous at the time he wasn't recognized. Two years later he'd be elected president.
Tags: Jimmy  Carter
Added: 29th September 2007
Posted by: Cliffy on 2007-09-29
LOL kind of like George W Bush is today!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-29
I'm sure some days the current president wishes he was an anonymous figure.
Posted by: Sophia on 2007-09-29
Lava, he was a nice guy, and really the salt of the earth, came from down home people not far from where my husband was born and raised. I always felt bad when the spotlight was on him because of his idiot brother Billy.

And Cliffy, speaking of idiots, you got that one right.
Posted by: Sophia on 2007-09-29
No Cliffy that term wasn't meant for you, I was talking about Bush.
Posted by: eric1957 on 2007-09-30
Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford, and Jimmy Carter appeared on What's My Line and later became president (cue the Twilight Zone theme).
Posted by: tommy7 on 2007-10-04
i saw gene shallit walk by my restaurant window in nyc in 1971 yeah he stood out? he was ;and still is a film critic certainly not a fashion critic and when the old whats my line was on my aunt spoke with not at arlene francis at penn station train terminal got her autograph and said how down to earth she was give me a can of unopened BILLY BEER E_BAY IT!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-11-06
When panelist Dana asked if the guest had anything to do with the Postal Service, that was a silly question. It had already been stated that the guest had nothing to do with the federal government. The Postal Service is a federal government service.