Odd Couple opening This was the opening sequence for the final season of The Odd Couple (1974-75) Why this funny show isn't more widely shown in reruns is a mystery to me.
Added: 28th September 2007
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-09-28
When they put Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau together for the big screen version in 1968 I almost laughed myself right off of the theater seat. And I agree with you (again) this is one of the best sitcoms that's ever been aired on tv. Tony Randall has always been a class act, putting him up against Jack Klugman was a brainstorm that I'm sure paid off for years. I love these two.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-28
Any episode of The Odd Couple is worth watching. My favorite was probably the Bobby Riggs episode. (There were four episodes set in court rooms that were uproariously funny too.)
Posted by: Cliffy on 2007-09-29
Why this funny show isn't more widely shown in reruns is a mystery to me is a good question. Wasn't that what TVLand and other stations suppose to be?

Not to worry, within five years you will be able to watch your favorite shows on demand anytime you want, wait and see!
Posted by: eric1957 on 2007-09-30
Comcast cable is already doing this.
Posted by: Cliffy on 2009-11-13
On November 13th, Felix Unger was asked to remove himself from his place of residence.That request came from...his wife. Today is the anniversary of that date! Rest in peace Tony Randall.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-11-14
I believe the narration Cliffy quoted was used only during the opening montage of the first season of the Odd Couple.

This clip was the first post I ever made on YTR!