Match Game - School Riot Match Game was famous for its fun and frivolity. However in this 1977 episode things got a little unruly when the judge made some controversial decisions.
Tags: Match  Game  school  riot
Added: 28th September 2007
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-28
By the way, Craig, the contestant who was victimized by the judge's inconsistent rulings, lost that game. Because of the controversy he was invited back--where he promptly lost again.
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-09-28
I can't believe that moron! I think Gene was with the panel on this, but couldn't really go against the judge.
More good stuff that I missed by not watching game shows as much as I should've
Posted by: Cliffy on 2007-09-29
LOL college is fine but anything with school in the name isn't?
Posted by: Teresa on 2007-10-16
thanks Lava! i hadn't read the comments and it was like a cliffhanger (no not u Cliffy) . . i wanted to know what happened) . . becuase the judge was indeed inconsistent . . if u got technical . . u could make a case that college was in a category by itself . . scuba diving, finishing, etc. were all different types . . OR lump them all together like the panel wanted them to do . .shesh!!!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-10-16
The more times I watch this clip, the worse the judge's calls seem to be. Where's the logic? 'College' is a match and so is 'scuba diving school.' But 'night school' and 'finishing school' don't match? It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if the various school answers came before the college answers.
Posted by: Mia_bambina on 2009-02-04
As you commented here, Lava1964 on 2007-10-16..I agree, It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if the various school answers came before the college answers.

The game is about, what one says or said and the others write or wrote, after a statement is said. Thus, the paper and the pen, for the others!

School was said, and school was written 4 times. = 4 correct answers or matches.

So let it be written, so let it be done. A quote Of Rameses -
(Ten Commandments)!

Now, I might be wrong here, I don't know a lot cause I never went to college, but I did go to school. Or could I say I went to college cause it's the same thing, as school?????

I love this...as you can see, it proves my point, I always thought...the Judge seemed inconsistent at times on this game show. I hated that part of this game show.

Thanks for sharing this find, I remembered that!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-02-04
That was one of the first posts I made to this website, Mia!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-10-30
According to one expert on Match Game I recently talked to, this incident was the beginning of Richard Dawson's disenchantment with the show.