Infomercial King Billy Mays Found Dead in Home DEVELOPING: Television pitchman Billy Mays who built his fame by appearing on commercials and infomercials promoting household products and gadgets died Sunday, FOX News confirms. Mays was found unresponsive by his wife inside his Tampa, Fla., home at 7:45 a.m. on Sunday, according to the Tampa Police Department. Police said there were no signs of forced entry to May's residence and foul play is not suspected. Authorities said an autopsy should be complete by Monday afternoon. Mays, 50, was on board a US Airways flight that blew out its front tires as it landed at a Tampa airport on Saturday, MyFOXTampa.com reported. "Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days. Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times," Mays wife, Deborah, said in a statement on Sunday.
Tags: Billy  Mays  Oxi  Clean    Infomercials  Commercials  Mays  Promotions,  Inc  Max  Appel  Home  Shopping  Network  OxiClean,  Orange  Glo,  Kaboom,  Engrave  It,  Handy  Switch,  iCan,  Mighty  Mendit,  Mighty  Putty
Added: 28th June 2009
Posted By: Steve
Posted by: Steve on 2009-06-28
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529328,00.html Fox News Reporting.
Posted by: Steve on 2009-06-28
So sad. Billy spent most of his life on the road as a pitchman and never really got to enjoy family life. He had divorced and remarried starting a new family with a young daughter I'm guess age 5 or 6. I saw this on the Discover TV show Pitchman the other day.
Posted by: BigBoy Bob on 2009-06-28
Billy Mays reported rough landing on his Twitter account:
Posted by: Naomi on 2009-06-29
I feel guilty, just the other day he was on one of my stations again, and I said GOD PLEASE GET HIM OFF SOON! Of course I had absolutely no idea he would take me seriously! I really do feel bad now.
Posted by: sunshines61 on 2009-06-29
I remember the Oxiclean commericals with him in it... gee we are loosing lots of familiar faces... will it be Patrick Swayze and Jerry Lewis next?? or perhaps someone else?
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2009-06-29
It is sad to see so many familiar faces whether we liked them or not go so soon. I always say enjoy everyday that were here to the fullest, because you never know!
Posted by: Old Fart on 2009-06-29
Mays had told his wife, Deborah, that he didn't feel well after a U.S. Airways flight he was on made a bumpy landing Saturday afternoon. In an interview with a local TV station, Mays said he was struck on the head by a falling object during the landing.

All of a sudden as we hit, you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping, the Associated Press said Mays told MyFox Tampa Bay. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head.
Posted by: eric1957 on 2009-06-29
It's like the month of June is the time celebrities pass away.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-06-29
This guy's fame must have stopped at the border. I've honestly never heard of him.
Posted by: Steve on 2009-06-29
Wow Lava really? He even has his own show on Discovery Channel called Pitchmen.

Any other Canadians heard of him?
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-06-29
Honestly--I've never heard of this guy. When his death was announced on the all-news radio station I listen to, I thought Willie Mays had died!