Bonomo Turkish Taffy Commercial 1952 This is from NBC's Sunday morning series of the early '50s, "THE MAGIC CLOWN". Doesn't the host look like a young Dennis James? It gives you lots of pep, sure it does...it's all sugar! And that clown....kinda scary if you ask me..
Tags: bonomo  turkish  taffy  50s  commercials
Added: 22nd September 2007
Posted By: Sophia
Posted by: Cliffy on 2007-09-23
A little before my time, but neat to see what was entertainment then. I can see why some people have fear of clowns!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-23
Live commercials must have been more interesting to watch. You could never tell when something might go wrong.
Posted by: Dezurtdude on 2007-09-24
I used to eat that stuff. I think it was invented by dentists who replaced fillings when filings were pulled out by this stuff. I wonder if it is still around?
Posted by: Old Fart on 2007-09-24
Bonomo's Turkish Taffy changed hands a few times, in 1980 becoming part of Tootsie Roll Industries of Chicago, which stopped making the candy in 1989. Ellen Gordon, president of Tootsie Roll Industries, said that the company phased out the product when demand declined as tastes changed.

See the link for the full read!http://www.oldtimecandy.com/bonomo.htm
Posted by: Mr.Nostalgia on 2007-11-26

I remember:Bonamo The Magic Clown

weekday and Saturday mornings on WNTA

TV Ch.13 in The Newark,NJ/NYC viewing

area.

The show was on the air from 1958 to

1959.

It was fun,creative,informative and

real.

The performer who playedBonamo The

Magic Clown'was not scary or mean.

He was a kindly,fun and caring old gentleman

that iwas lucky enough to meet and become

friends with..Mr.Doug Anderson.

He made his clown character a person

..not a source for foolishness or crudness.
Posted by: sweets50 on 2009-02-08
I do remember the taffy, but never seen this program. and never had a fear of clowns till NOW !!!! Need my mama now LOL LOL That clown is creepy beyond creepy.. And I'm glad this was not in colour !! Jeeze the goose pimples Arrggggggg!!! LOL LOL