Elizabeth Montgomery Bewitching Elizabeth Montgomery was the daughter of silver-screen actor Robert Montgomery, and got her start on his TV show ROBERT MONTGOMERY PRESENTS. After marrying second husband Gig Young in 1956, Montgomery shied away from films but made numerous appearances on popular TV shows. Upon their 1963 divorce, Montgomery returned to making films, but third husband William Asher cast her as "Samantha" on the 1964-72 ABC-TV series BEWITCHED. If you look fast, you can see her in a cameo role in the 1965 beach party flick HOW TO STUFF A WILD BIKINI, at the end of the film. After ending BEWITCHED, Asher and Montgomery divorced; she then went on to make many TV movies and married her sometime costar, Robert Foxworth. Sadly, Montgomery passed away at the age of 62 in 1995...this early glamour shot of "Sam" blows me away . . not the way i am used to seeing her!
Tags: elizabeth  montgomery  samantha  stevens  bewitched  robert  montgomery
Added: 21st September 2007
Posted By: Teresa
Posted by: Marie on 2007-09-21
i had no idea she had been married so many times, and especially to Gig Young. I was curious as to who her first husband was: Montgomery was first married to New York socialite Frederick Gallatin Cammann in 1954; the marriage lasted barely a year.
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2007-09-21
Great one Loved Bewitched She was good Now Sam Samantha tabatha Uncle Arthur Aunt Clara Dr Bombay Daran Mr Tate The Neighbors haha Thanks gooden
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-09-21
I didn't know she was married to Gig Young, Marie, that's a good bit of news.
She always reminded me of Lee Merrick for some reason. I've always admired both of them.
Posted by: Teresa on 2007-09-21
oh, it sounds like you loved BEWITCHED like me, Marty!! Dr. Bombay was always screwing the remedy up . . those dang mortals!
Posted by: eric1957 on 2007-09-22
She was born on my birthday, April 15, 1957.
Posted by: Old Fart on 2007-09-22
Tax day April 15, can't forget that day Eric!
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-23
Hot stuff! The 1960s srue had its share of beautiful females in sitcoms. For me, Elizabeth Montgomery alomst ranks up there with Barbara Eden--almost.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-23
Yes, Elizabeth Montgomery was married to Gig Young. I believe Gig was at least 20 years older than Elizabeth. Mercifully she fared better than one of Gig's later wives did.
Posted by: Classico on 2007-09-25
Whew!! She sure was sexy. What a beaut -- and she had great talent, too!
Posted by: KayAbee on 2008-04-03
I MET HER! Yes indeed! I met Elizabeth back in 1974 in the little town of Colusa, CA. I was all of 14 when I cut school to watch Disney pictures make a movie there. Although not in the movie herself, she was there because Mr. Foxworth was. She was so nice and friendly. I asked for her autograph and gave her a pen and paper. When she couldn't find anything hard to write it on, because we were at the river bottoms, she KNEELED DOWN IN THE DIRT and used a old piece of wood. And she did all of that with a smile and a thank you. *Sigh* I never get tired of telling that story. Oh... and yes, she was a living doll.
Posted by: Naomi on 2008-04-04
That's a wonderful story KayAbee, and it sounds just like something she's do. She was such a sweetheart, I still miss seeing her on tv to this day.