Tea Party Revolution 2009 Happy Tax Day 2009!~ I'm sure most of you have heard of the Tea Parties around the country but did you know according to ABC Obama doesn't know about them? You may not be aware, but segments are included here of the state of Texas imposing Article 10 of the US Constitution...The resolution reaffirms states' rights.
Tags: Tea  Party  Revolution  2009  Obama  Barrack  President  CLueless  Taxes  Taxation  Article  10  Constitution
Added: 15th April 2009
Posted By: Cliffy
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2009-04-15
Gooden Cliffy!!
Posted by: Naomi on 2009-04-15
Wow, that says it all. Very, very well done!
Posted by: Classico on 2009-04-16
I have been involved in some interesting debates on the subject on other forums. Here's a sample:

Issue: 10th Amendment?

Reply: Supremacy Clause

Issue: Obama pricey stimulus?

Reply: Bush, THREE pricey stimulus

Issue: Texans hate taxes, love individualism?

Reply: Bush is Texan and started the tax-deficit mess

and so on ...

Needless to say the right wingers don't like to have these facts presented to them.

;)

Posted by: Cliffy on 2009-04-16
The fourteenth amendment deals with the relationship between federal government, states and citizens, emphasis being placed on the citizens.

I for one am just tired of bailing out companies that should other wise fail. That is where the outrage is coming from.

Yes, many other presidents are to blame but $1 Trillion bailout is outrageous.
Posted by: Classico on 2009-04-16
14th Amendment guarantees equal protections to individuals that the states did not grant. It's a bit complicated for a discussion here but it certainly gives no right to deny tax payments. When I was in law school I wrote a paper on Representative Bingham and his role in creating that amendment.

Bailouts are outrageous. But if Tea Party mania is to be justified, there should have been considerably more justification during the past Republican administrations.

;)
Posted by: Steve on 2009-04-16
It's was Rick Santelli of CNBC that initially called for the Tea Parties for irresponsibilities of the Federal Government. See:

It's not a political party or network behind this.
Posted by: Laura on 2009-04-16
The fed gov is just too large and no one is listening.
Posted by: Classico on 2009-04-19
Ron Paul has been credited with starting the Tea Party campaign:

I have been on his mailing list and had gotten some word of this a while ago. Too bad he didn't start it during the previous administration or had refused the earmarks as a show of consistency in his principles.
Posted by: Classico on 2009-04-19
''nothing better than a dead liberal''

that's the type of sick radicalism that is engendered by this type of campaign
Posted by: Cliffy on 2009-04-19
Did anyone mention liberals?
Posted by: TheSaint on 2009-04-20
LAURA is right... the government is too large and they don't listen. Actually, they really don't care what we think.

I have on occassion called or emailed our Senators and Representatives and you get someone answering the phone who basically yawns while you are on.

Do you know one of the first votes this year was to vote themselves a pay increase AND an increase in petty cash of $93,000. PETTY CASH????

Ya' know, Ron paul is a little goofy looking but he made a lot of sense looking back.

It is so difficult to get rid of the incumbents. I hope this Tea Party stuff continues and is not a once a year thing. Would have participated had I known ahead of time.
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2009-04-20
My opinion is, I don't think Politics, and for that matter Religion should be discussed here. I think it causes too many bad feelings for both sides. Just my opinion.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-04-20
I'm with Marty. Let's dispense with political banter here.
Posted by: TheSaint on 2009-04-21
Yes, I agree. I only got drawn into this because I saw the Beatles doing Revolution. I wore this song out when it came out.