Susan Boyle on Britains Got Talent Another example of why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover: Scotland's Susan Boyle's stunning performance of 'I Dreamed A Dream' on the 2009 version of Britain's Got Talent.
Tags: Susan  Boyle  Britains  Got  Talent
Added: 15th April 2009
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-04-15
Wouldn't the world be a better place if we judged people by their accomplishments instead of their appearance?
Posted by: donmac101 on 2009-04-15
Lava, so glad you posted this, because if you hadn't I would have.
I agree with what you say, as I sat and watched this when first shown and along with everybody else was pleasantly surprised.
Posted by: donmac101 on 2009-04-15
Nearly 7.000.000 hits on YouTube.
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2009-04-15
Great example of, Never judge a book by it's cover. Very Nice!
Posted by: Steve on 2009-04-17
The Mirror in UK says she's not a very good singer:
Posted by: Steve on 2009-04-19
I just saw on the TV Show Access Weekend that Susan never had a boyfriend and never been kissed by a guy.

Pierce Bronson changed that by kissing her. She choose Pierce over Simon. Pierce is also personally overseeing her career!
Posted by: Carl1957 on 2009-04-19
Such a sweet, lovely personality and such a graceful exit off the stage PLUS as fabulous voice!
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2009-04-21
She has competition in the form of 12 year old Shaheen Jafargholi from Auditions 2. Click on the following link for an abbreviated portion of his performance.

Lead-in story from Yahoo.

Posted by: Cliffy on 2009-04-21
I can't think how Simon Cowell had manipulated the press, the internet and the millions that watched this. At least he picked someone worthy.

Let's face it though, Simon is today's P.T. Barnum!
Posted by: donmac101 on 2009-04-21
I agree with your link Jack. I sat and watched this and was left speechless, which is rare for me. There has been an article though, that his voice has broken but we'll just have to wait and see.
Posted by: TheSaint on 2009-04-21
Yes, we should not judge a book by its cover... but if she did not look the way she does... then there would not be all the fuss. She's got a good voice but so does a million other people.

Not to sound harsh but geeeez, enough already.

Posted by: TheSaint on 2009-04-21
Steve

The Mirror in the UK is not far off... the lady has talent but she is not that great a singer.

The UK show and Youtube are making a freak show out of her.

I hope she benefits by all the attention somehow... but all the fuss is coming across like wow look at the unattractive person... she can sing.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-04-21
Maybe I have a tin ear, but I think Susan Boyle's voice is fantastic.

Sure, her plain looks (and I'm probably being charitable here) make her story more compelling. But, hey, I'm a sucker for a feel-good story.

I saw Paul Potts in concert. I'll do the same when Susan makes her inevitable world tour.
Posted by: Steve on 2009-04-21
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?? I think she does fantastic singing this, but let's face it, many would judge her on her looks. After we got past that and was impressed with her singing is her singing the beauty we now behold?

Record and concert sales will be the final judge. I personally liked it; I may purchase a song or two but probably not go to a concert though.
Posted by: Steve on 2009-04-23
Interesting:
By some estimates, video of Boyle’s performance of “I Dreamed a Dream” on Britain’s Got Talent has already asmassed more than 100 million video views on the Web. However, according to The Times of London, Britain’s ITV - who owns the rights to the show - and YouTube - where most of the views have taken place – have been unable to reach a revenue share deal, meaning no ads have been served, and more than a “million-pound windfall” has been missed.
Posted by: TheSaint on 2009-04-23
Hi Steve,

I only clicked on this link so I could see the lovely blonde judge one more time and Simon's expressions. :)

Did you catch American Idol this week which was Disco week? Thelma Houston was absolutely fantastic. KC of the Sunshine Band also sang.
Posted by: Steve on 2009-04-23
The Saint- I only caught the who got the boot portion of the show. I'm just not into it this year like years previously. You know it's going to be Adam.
Posted by: TheSaint on 2009-04-24
Steve- too bad you are not following this year that closely. This year is amazing. Probably the best Top-7 ever.

By the way, I saw your girl's new haircut... Susan Boyle... and now she looks like a guy.

And I don't believe for a minute that Pierce Bronson (sp?)kissed her like your earlier message indicated.