WABC RADIO - Dan Ingram - 1965 East Coast Blackout Where were you when the lights went out?", was a popular pickup line at New York cocktail parties following the power blackout that left much of America's northeast states in the dark on November 9, 1965.
Tags: 77    WABC    Radio    Dan    Ingram    1965    East    Coast    Blackout    New    York    City
Added: 27th March 2009
Posted By: Cliffy
Posted by: Cliffy on 2009-03-27
I hope you guys are in an AM Top 40 Music mood, I've got a couple of good ones on tap for the weekend!
Posted by: TheSaint on 2009-03-27
Hey Cliffy!

We are always in the mood for anything back from the WABC music radio days!

Still miffed they went all talk -
They could have at least kept some time-slots Top-40.

I woke up to 77-WABC, listened to it during the day, in the evenings and even left it on during the overnight. 4th of July and summer picnics were never the same.

That was New York radio! Best DJs ever!

Anyone catch that new show Life From Mars? A detective gets thrown back in time to 1973. Pretty cool - they do a pretty good job of making it appear 1973. I think next week is the series finale unfortunately.
Posted by: TheSaint on 2009-03-27
Aaaaaaa-ooooooo

I can still hear Wolfman (Jack).
We need to do a tribute
Posted by: Steve on 2009-03-27
Wolfman Jack was on NBC right?

Life on Mars was a great show sadly a short run.
Posted by: Steve on 2009-03-27
I was going to comment about how the birth rate went up 9 months after, but glad I checked on Snopes.com, they were within the normal range.

That's what I love about the internet, finding out if urban legends are true or not.
Posted by: TheSaint on 2009-03-27
Steve I think so - but when I thought of Wolfman Jack - it was mainly a random fond memory that got swapped back into core when I thought about great radio and all the great DJs of that era.

Naaa-naaa-na!

Posted by: BigBoy Bob on 2009-03-27
Keep them coming Cliffy! I love listening to these. Because it's radio I usually open a different window to browse something else and listen.
Posted by: Stalzz on 2009-04-03
I LOVE the radio air checks! I've been a public radio jazz DJ for 20 years and have also worked in commercial radio and I love this vintage stuff! THANKS! More please!!!!!