FOX News Insults Canadian Military I generally don't post recent clips, but this one needs to be shown. A panel of buffoons on the FOX News 'Redeye' show recently belittled the Canadian military at about the same time four Canadian soldiers were killed in Afghanistan in a roadside ambush. Among the classless things said about the Canadian Armed Forces was a bizarre accusation that they want to take a break from their duties to have 'yoga classes, paint landscapes and wear Capri pants on the beach.' Canadians are more than a little bit miffed by these ignorami. To date 116 Canadians have been killed in the mission in Afghanistan. Here's the story from CBC News.
Tags: FOX  News  Redeye  Canada  military
Added: 26th March 2009
Posted by: Steve on 2009-03-26
Trust me Lava, no one here feels this way either on YRT or the USA. Just keep in mind it is some idiot on at 3am trying to make a name for himself.

I didn't see anyone get upset with Obama's comment on the Special Olympics Bowling so I doubt there will be any complaints here since no one saw it until now.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-03-26
I had never heard of this 'Redeye' show until a couple of days ago. Sadly, if the panelists were seeking publicity, they got it. One of these bozos lost an upcoming comedy gig in Edmonton over this segment. Good!

This kind of baseless nonsense irks me. (Can you tell?) You won't meet a better bunch of people than the folks in the Canadian military. There's an armoury in my hometown. The soldiers are frequent customers at my friend's sandwich shop. I always thank them for their service to Canada.
Posted by: Steve on 2009-03-26
Here is an interesting thing I've learned about Karma. This is a story that aired at 3am and practically no one saw it. Now you and how many others jumped on it and posted it all over the internet...you just gave this clip POWER for so many to see when only a few would have.

This is a good example, I just really learned about it last year.
Posted by: Nbmike on 2009-03-26
Fox News is more of a pro republican propaganda machine than it is a legitimate news station imho. An apology was offered, but these yahoo's either are too ignorant to do actual research before their program goes to air, or they are just idiots. They actually thought that we had never been to war, let alone were losing precious lives of our military personnel as they spoke. Somebody should have tipped them off that Canada has a long tradition of military services. I wonder if they knew that Canada joined World War 2 in 1939, two years before the US. Don't get me wrong. I love the US, I just hate ignorant idiots. These fools on Red Eye definitely qualify.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2009-03-26
I read Fox News but this is utter nonsense. Never heard of Redeye and trust me I damn sure won't watch it. If any one needs a history lesson read about Juno Beach, Operation Overlord; the Dieppe Raid; and how many Canadians fought with the American army during Vietnam? In my platoon alone there was a Canadian and a Brazilian. Today, one of the deputy commanding generals of Fort Hood is a Canadian officer, as well as NORAD. One general officer served with distinction with III Corps during its last Iraq deployment. I work with two Canadian officers who are outstanding. Canadians stand were liberty and justice are threatened, unequivocally, without reservation, and with absolute courage. And that means yesterday, today, and tomorrow!

Where did they find these idiots?
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2009-03-26
Thanks, Jed!

I've just made Jed a honorary Canadian.
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2009-03-26
Lava I am HONORED!
Posted by: Wikiriwhi on 2009-03-28
Canada belongs to the commonwealth and that includes New Zealand.

Just wish we had mutual visa's.

The truth is, all allies are terrified of US forces.

They shoot indiscriminately and do not identify their targets.

THe US kills friendlies constantly.

Britain suffed heavily from US air strikes in the early stages of the Iraq invasion.

The coalition of the willing was minus New Zealanders and Michael Moore gave us a big thank you.

We did recently have an SAS member decorated with the Victoria Cross from action in Afghanistan.
Posted by: eric1957 on 2009-03-28
Fox News are a bunch of idiots who have no journalistic integrity.
Posted by: TheSaint on 2009-04-08
I am a little late on catching up with this issue.

On a couple of occassions I channel surfed and ran across the show called Redeye. And to Eric - these are not journalists by any stretch of the imagination. They make fun of everything and everyone. And they do not represent the entire station. That is why they are on in the wee hours. Freedom of speech can be distasteful.

What they said was stupid but most of what they say on Redeye is just that.

The sad part is reading the follow-on comments that just proves one stupid comment only draws more stupid comments. Like all US forces are bad which is just BS. War sucks and bad things happen. People die in hospitals but that doesn't mean doctors and nurses are murderers.

It is too bad when folks get so thin skinned that as soon as someone hears a differring view - the name calling has to begin. Why is that?

Why was it funny when Bill Clinton smoked weed? Why was it ok when Bill Clinton signed NAFTA and sent jobs overseas with tax breaks to corporations? Why was it ok when he was with Monica Lewinsky? Didn't he take advantage of a young intern?

Free speech allows for discussion on such issues. Everyone has just gotten so mean spirited and touchy.