Featured Member- LProud aka Lori Proudman-Brown Hi to my friends at YRT! My name is Lori and I was born in upstate NY in June of 1968. I was adopted at 6 months of age and grew up on a dairy farm about an hour southwest of Albany. I love all animals so this was the perfect place for me. My parents worked hard to give me an ideal childhood and succeeded. I would often sneak out of the house as a young child to go visit my "friends" in the barn. I love to read my paternal Grandma's diaries... "Lori was up first thing this morning with toys in one hand and a cat in the other." (1972) I think it was my childhood and the wonderful & comforting memories of it that make YRT such a favorite of mine. I have 3 children, Brianna - age 19, Devon - age 16 & Kayleigh - age 11. I wish they could have grown up when I did. It seems it is more difficult for kids now. There's so much negative stuff for them out there. As much as I love the internet (making new friends, traveling to far off places without leaving home, etc) I think I had a better childhood because of not having it as part of my life. I originally went to college for journalism and dropped out because it wasn't for me. I am not one who is able to always be objective and I don't like the way you have to invade other people's privacy for the sake of a story. I went back to school in for Community/Human Services and now I work as Medicaid eligibility examiner at the Department of Social Services. I like bird watching (raptors) & before I was working full-time I would volunteer with DEC to monitor bald eagles so they could time when to band the eaglets in the Spring. I would accompany them for the local bandings which was always a thrill for me. My other hobby is weather, a real "weather-weenie" as my friends like to call me. I'm a meteorologist-wannabe who was to frightened of physics and math to pursue it as a career. I like to bowl, go fishing and am a pop-culture junkie. I have been told I have a wealth of useless information and take it as a total compliment. I stumbled upon YRT from doing a search for 70s pop culture sites and have been visiting here daily ever since. I love the way a post will prompt my memory of something else and it goes on and on. The people on this site are very welcoming and it feels like "home" on the net. Thank you Steve for the wonderful site and to all of you who help me "go back in time" every day.
Tags: Featured  Member-  LProud  aka  Lori  Proudman-Brown
Added: 18th March 2009
Posted By: Steve
Posted by: donmac101 on 2009-03-18
Hi Lori. Every time I see that photo all I hear myself saying is, big bird! I've always said that people who are brought around animals or in the countryside have a great zest for life and from your profile and the things you say and post on YRT, your hearts in the right place. It's been nice to get to know you a wee bit better and may not all your eagles be bald!
Posted by: Teresa on 2009-03-18
hi, Lori! u sound like a really neat person, and i can relate with you on so many levels . . on the animal front, i wished i could have been a vet. . . but i realized that there would not ALLWAYS be 'happy endings' so i nixed that dream . . . and, just like you, i love the way i grew up . . running and jumping around outdoors. Kids lose so much by staying locked into computers, texting, etc. There is nothing like a summers night chasing around lightening bugs@
Posted by: Mia_bambina on 2009-03-18
Hi Lori, great knowing you. I Like your comments and the media you share with us!
Posted by: Jedwgrn on 2009-03-18
Hey Lori, the early riser that I see on this site early in the morning. Sometimes you have to admit that life is good and it sounds as if you are living it. Thanks for being part of the family here at YRT.
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2009-03-18
Lori! Glad to have met ya. I love how this site brings so many interesting and great people together. Welcome to the YRT Family!
Posted by: ChowDog on 2009-03-19
Hi ya' LProud! I've wondered so many times about you and that big ol' bird! (Bald Head is it? We have lots of those where I live if you get out in the marshes) And I agree 100%. Looking back, I wish every kid today could have been through the times we grew up. While not perfect, it was a better time. Thanks for sharing a little about you with us! :-)
Posted by: Nbmike on 2009-03-19
Nice to meet you LProud. I wish that my kids had grown up in our era too. It's funny how technological advances in the last 30 years have made a lot of the things we had growing up become obsolete now, 8-track tapes, vinyl records, dial phones, and pretty darn soon, VCRs and rabbit ear TVs. We actually had to go outside to play if we wanted to have fun most times, and you actually had to be home to recieve a phone call. I hate to say it, but computer technology has made a lot of jobs obsolete over the last few years, but many career opportunities have opened up also that weren't available when we were young. The only kids on computers in those days were the ones in the mid 70s who bought those Radio Shack Tandy computers and had to spend 3 hours writing code into the CPU to play a 3 minute game. I'm sure many people thought that Bill Gates was going to bottom out in life pursuing this fad. Glad to have you here as a fellow YRT member. I look forward to your future comments and posts.
Posted by: LPROUD on 2009-03-20
Thank you for all the great comments. This is the best site on the net, imho. It has a great bunch of people and I'm always amazed at how it exercises my memory and I learn something new all the time!
Posted by: Steve on 2009-04-03
Happy Birthday Lori!
Posted by: Cliffy on 2009-04-03
Have a fun birthday!!
Posted by: ChowDog on 2009-04-03
Happy Birthday Lori!!
Posted by: Nbmike on 2009-04-03
Happy birthday Lori. Hope it's a good one for you!
Posted by: Marty6697 on 2009-04-03
Hey! Im confused Lol! Lori's bio says born in upstate Ny in June of 1968. You all are wishing her Happy Birthday. If it is, Happy Birthday Lori! Hope you have a great day.
Posted by: ChowDog on 2009-04-03
Don't ask me Marty. I saw Steve and Cliffy wish a Happy Birthday so I just assumed. Pretty sure Lori will straighten us out!!
Posted by: Steve on 2009-04-03
Lori, I could swear I saw birthday greetings to you on Facebook the other day. If not well then we are all a little early.

I don't have Alzheimer's but at least I don't have Alzheimer's.