ANGIE Intro      1979 to 1980 This was a decent enough 70's sitcom, that aired on Thursdays at 8:30pm on ABC, starring Donna Pescow, Robert Hayes, and Doris Roberts. Even back then Doris was cast as the opinionated, outspoken Italian mother, who spent most of her time in the kitchen cooking pasta. Of course, her character was molded from real life because most Italian mothers are exactly like this. Ahhh, some things never change.
Tags: angie  donna  peskow  robert  hayes  doris  roberts  comedy  abc
Added: 5th September 2007
Posted By: Naomi
Posted by: Cliffy on 2007-09-05
Great memories Naomi! I loved this show as a teen, I had such a crush on Donna Peskow. I Google Images her and sadly she didn't hang on to her good looks!
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-09-05
She was adorable, I can understand your crush. I always remember her role in Saturday Night Fever, how sad it made me feel to watch her character.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-06
Yep, I remember this show too. It was a minor success--not as big as ABC expected it would be. Nice to see Debralee Scott again. She died recently at a very young age. Robert Hays is more familiar to me as the pilot in the Airplane movies.
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-09-06
Lava, didn't Debralee Scott play Louise Lasser's sister in Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman?
Posted by: Teresa on 2007-09-06
good one naomi! i'd forgotten about this show!
Posted by: Steve on 2007-09-06
Wow Lava, I didn't hear that Debralee died, so very sad!!! I had to Wikipidea it:

In 2001, her fiancÚ, Port Authority police officer John Dennis Levi, died during the 9/11 attacks. In March 2005 Scott moved from Brooklyn, New York to Amelia Island, Florida, to be near her ailing elder sister Carol Anne, a producer who worked on many Robert Altman films and who went by the name Scott Scotty Bushnell. Her other sister, Jerilynn Scott, is a talent agent in Los Angeles.

Soon after her arrival, she collapsed, and lingered in a coma for several days. She woke up, and when asked if she knew where she was, replied, obviously in the hospital. Scott was released two days later (on April 2, her birthday) and her spirits remained high for several more days. She went to take a nap, and never woke up on April 5, 2005. Scott died from liver sclerosis
Posted by: Naomi on 2007-09-06
oh wow, that was sad.
Posted by: Lava1964 on 2007-09-06
I looked it up. Yes, indeed Debralee Scott played Mary Hartman's younger sister, Cathy Shumway. (I never watched the show, so this is all new to me.) I remember her mostly from playing Hotsie Totsie on Welcome Back, Kotter. She was also a frequent panelist on game shows.

She had more than her fair share of tragedy in her short life, didn't she?
Posted by: Laura on 2009-07-15
Oh so sad about Debralee, I didn't know she died.
Posted by: Carl1957 on 2009-07-16
I remember Donna Pescow from Saturday Night Fever. Debralee Scott played in several made for tv movies. Did anyone see her in A Summer Without Boys and Lisa Bright and Dark? I think she was also in a tv show called Sons and Daughters.
Posted by: Mrmusic on 2010-08-24
OMG! This was one of my favorite shows. I would love to be able to see a full show somehow!